new video card

iggy101

what would it be better for me to do .....
i have one nvidia geforce 6600gt already so should i get another one and put it in sli or get a new nvidia geforce 7600gt and wait to go with sli on that later

lovely?

get the 7600gt, you will back yourself into a financial corner if you buy another 6600, which are almost archaic nowadays

holyjunk

i have one nvidia geforce 6600gt already so should i get another one and put it in sli or get a new nvidia geforce 7600gt and wait to go with sli on that later

Yes, get the 7600gt but no do not sli them later on.

ckfordy

banned

Yes get the 7600GT i have it and you wont be dissapointed.
Yes, get the 7600gt but no do not sli them later on.

Why dont you think he should go sli later on? two 7600GT's in sli are almost as good if not better then the 7900GT.

Geoff

VIP Member
Why dont you think he should go sli later on? two 7600GT's in sli are almost as good if not better then the 7900GT.

Because when the time comes for him to upgrade his video, he will be asking the same question he is now. Should I get another 7600GT for SLI, or should I get a 8600GT? And everyone would say get the 8600GT because it's DX10 compatible.

ckfordy

banned
[-0MEGA-];414015 said:
Because when the time comes for him to upgrade his video, he will be asking the same question he is now. Should I get another 7600GT for SLI, or should I get a 8600GT? And everyone would say get the 8600GT because it's DX10 compatible.

Ya but you dont know when he will want to it could be two months down the road when it will be worthwhile but if it is next year sometime or close to it then i would say dont go with sli and upgrade to DX10. But its all upto him what he wants to do and if he has the money and DX10 aint out i would go sli with the 7600GT's.

bball4life

Sell your 6600gt for like $50 and then buy a card like this. Its a little older card, about as old as your 6600gt but it is a heck of a lot faster, gread card for the price, it will outperform a mid range card like the 7600gt.

iggy101

Sell your 6600gt for like $50 and then buy a card like this. Its a little older card, about as old as your 6600gt but it is a heck of a lot faster, gread card for the price, it will outperform a mid range card like the 7600gt.
will that card realy out perform the 7600gt

bball4life

will that card realy out perform the 7600gt
It should, it will really depend on the games, the only disadvantage is it still has some of the older technology to it. Both are gonna be great cards, but it should outperform it for the most part. x850xt pe's are extremely fast cards.

ceewi1

VIP Member
The clock differences between that and the regular X850XT are nowhere near sufficient to justify the $55. If you're set on the X850, go with the regular X850XT. It's somewhat louder than the 7600GT, requires 2 slots and more power, but provides similar performance at a somewhat lower price.

Of course, if you want to spend a little more, X1800XTs can be found for under $200.

bball4life

The clock differences between that and the regular X850XT are nowhere near sufficient to justify the $55. If you're set on the X850, go with the regular X850XT. It's somewhat louder than the 7600GT, requires 2 slots and more power, but provides similar performance at a somewhat lower price.
True, but I was just giving him another option at the 7600gt price, a regular x850xt is a great card especially since you can find them for about $100 right now.

Iluvpenguins

Despite being an Nvidia fanboy,i do suggest the X850XT or X850XTPE because of the price to performance ratio,they perform similar to a 7600GT but at a cheaper price.And don't bother with SLI until you get enough money for the newer DX10 cards that are coming out.

fade2green514

yea nvidia has pretty much found out a way to make dual card setups cost more, and give less performance. the only perk to it, is that if you buy two of their best cards then you have an even better system... but thats for people who want to spend $1000 and up on only gpu rendering..

iggy101

thanks

wow thatnks guys i definatley will give those ati cards a look and also x1800x that was mentioned above would that be worth the extra money for the performance gain and what would be a siimmilar nvidia card to that?