New Viewsonic 120hz montior

Luchman

I decided to pick up the new Viewsonic FuHzion 120Hz monitor. So far, I love it and was a complete upgrade from my 20 inch Westinghouse, except for one thing - I cannot see my Bios or startup.

The second you hit restart or boot it up, the monitor goes into "hibernate" or whatever, like its not getting a signal. As soon as Windows starts to load with color, the monitor reacts and turns on.

I thought it must have just been something I missed when installing the drivers or something, so I called customer support and the guy (after typing whatever into his little computer) "informed" me that with the use of a DVI cable, this monitor will not show the bios screen. :confused:

That doesn't make sense to me... because
1. I cant see a company like Viewsonic make a $300 monitor and have it not show the Bios screen...
2. The thing only has one DVI plug, no VGA plug to even get around the use of a DVI cable.

You guys have any idea why my new monitor cant see the bios or startup screen?

Thanks

Luchman

That customer support guy fails.

My LG in DVI shows the BIOS screen.

I think he meant this monitor in particular, not in general. Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe.. But I'm really starting to think it can't, which would be a major "fail" for Viewsonic....