Socket 775 CPU, 2.13 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo- 4 MB L2 cache
4GB of Ram
Chenbro PC611 tower case
Intel DQ965GF motherboard
1066 MHz front side BUS
Geforce 6800 256mb PCI-e video card
Audigy 2 zs audio card
350 Watt power supply

i just installed windows 7 and i ran windows update and i also ran driver genuis, and all say all drivers are installed, but when i goto device manager, it says this:

under other deivces:
PCI Serial Port
PCI Simple Comunications Controller
unknown device

under sound,video and game controllers:
IDT high defiintion audio codec

can anyone please help me? thxs for your time reading this

spirit

Staff member
Go to Device Manager, right click on the devices which do not have drivers installed for them and go to Properties, then go to the Driver tab at the top of the window and then click Update Driver. Update over the internet and see if Windows will download a driver for you. If not, go to the Intel website, download the drivers you need for your board, and then repeat the steps above but this time tell Windows to look for a driver and then locate the driver you downloaded for Windows to install. Hope this helps.

shawn.selig29

thanks for both replies, i have tried seeing if windows would use windows update to install them via device manager to no go. after doing some googling i have ruled out the pci serial port driver issue, it is related to some AMT: Intel® AMT SOL Driver for 965 Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards, but when i try to install the via 32 driver it says operating system not supported, so im wondering if it would hurt to not have it as this is a personal pc?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There should be an option to disable that in the bios. According to intel there is anyway.

shawn.selig29

There should be an option to disable that in the bios. According to intel there is anyway.

ok il have to check when i get home, btw im looking to upgrade its video card. this pc will mostly be used for 1080p movies and internet streaming from hulu and netflix and and be hooked up to a panasonic led tv (hdmi)

it has a 350 watt power supply , and my budget is no more then $60 canadain after taxes and shipping. something must be better than my current geforce 6800 256mb?