New xbox!

DMGrier

VIP Member
When I thought MS couldn't get any more retarded ( i.e. zune & kin) they announce a new 360. When I first heard about it I thought there would be a performance upgrade and maybe bluray but no, just a larger HDD and built in wifi card. Are they having money problems? It has been 5 years since it's release and this was what they give us. Plus there add says new xbox on my 360, not redesign.

PabloTeK

When I thought MS couldn't get any more retarded ( i.e. zune & kin) they announce a new 360. When I first heard about it I thought there would be a performance upgrade and maybe bluray but no, just a larger HDD and built in wifi card. Are they having money problems? It has been 5 years since it's release and this was what they give us. Plus there add says new xbox on my 360, not redesign.

Do car companies totally redesign a car every 5 years? No. They give us some minor updates and send us on our way.

Creating an entirely new product is a hideously expensive business and not one Microsoft actually NEED to get into when the 360 still sells.

JlCollins005

The new xbox is less prone to rrod, larger hd, and built in wifi for 300 dollars and i think it looks pretty slick, not to mention it will soon get a brother that will be 199 not much details on it yet.

and i dont buy consoles because they have bluray, if i want a bluray player ill get one for 100 bucks.

Dropkickmurphys

The xbox360 still has a few years left in it, people will still buy them and the redesign will help microsoft no end cause of the new features / fixes they have included...

The price has also dropped significantly I believe...

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.computerforum.com/177488-new-slim-line-xbox-360-a.html

The new 360 is more than just a larger HDD and built in wifi card,They have now re-done it both internally and externally.

I think it took them took long though,I think it would have been better if they had made a new next gen console i mean its 5 years old now...graphics are lagging behind on consoles alot.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Gamestop is doing a trade in for your old Xboxes. You can trade in your old one, and your old HD, and get a new one for about $125 after your trade ins take place.

This is because gamestop remanufactures xboxes and then resells them. So they are going to make money off of this and for $125 out of pocket you get a new xbox, which an actual HMDI port on it.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Do car companies totally redesign a car every 5 years? No. They give us some minor updates and send us on our way.

Creating an entirely new product is a hideously expensive business and not one Microsoft actually NEED to get into when the 360 still sells.

See your point, but on the car subject........

most cars will go a major redesign in a 5 year period, when they don't they stop selling well and the manufacture thinks about stopping production i.e, chevy camaro kept pretty much the same body for a decade and stop selling and chevy couldn't figure out why so the canceled production 2002. The mustang kept a fox body design for almost a decade and stop selling well and ford almost canceled production to be replaced be the ford probe.

Bad analogy, most companies that make a lot of money will redesign there products every 3-4 years. Cause it is wierd how when a company releases a new advance product everyone that was satisfied by there current one go out and buy a new one.

Last edited:

PabloTeK

most cars will go a major redesign in a 5 year period, when they don't they stop selling well and the manufacture thinks about stopping production i.e, chevy camaro kept pretty much the same body for a decade and stop selling and chevy couldn't figure out why so the canceled production 2002. The mustang kept a fox body design for almost a decade and stop selling well and ford almost canceled production to be replaced be the ford probe.

Bad analogy, most companies that make a lot of money will redesign there products every 3-4 years. Cause it is wierd how when a company releases a new advance product everyone that was satisfied by there current one go out and buy a new one.

Actually many cars are quite old platforms (up to a decade or so).

People are stunned by marketing hence why the new iPhone 4 will sell a bazillion units!

Blurredman

My first car was first designed in 1976 and eventually made the production line in 1980, the car did not change in any way small thing at all until 1998 when they stopped selling.

The suspension didn't change from leaf, the engine was still the same from the 70's. NOTHING changed.