New Zotac GTX 750 Ti DOA

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Monitors' started by lovely?, Dec 24, 2014.

1. lovely?

lovely? Active Member

Received the gift I got myself, a replacement video card for my desktop. I purchased this Zotac 750 Ti and after hours of installing and reinstalling windows on several hard drives, I determined that windows was hanging when the video card was installed, but ONLY if the Nvidia drivers were also installed. If I booted into safe mode, I could boot using the video card, uninstall the drivers, and reboot into windows normally. Unfortunately, I never was able to install any version of drivers on the card. I will be sending the video card back for an EVGA no matter what now, but I was wondering if my recent PSU failure could have led to this? It seems unlikely that the drivers would shine a light on a PCI-e lane failure, but does that seem likely to anyone here?

2. Okedokey

Okedokey Well-Known Member

possible. have you installed the cpu correctly. ive seen bent pins allowing boot and windows load, but no pcie lane operation.

3. lovely?

lovely? Active Member

The motherboard's pins are perfect, I've never uninstalled the 2500k since purchasing them both.

4. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Card is probably just toast. Do you have any other video cards you can test with. Especially Nvidia cards?

5. lovely?

lovely? Active Member

unfortunately nope, my only other card is the flashed 6950 which I can neither power, nor take from its current setup. I suppose I'm relegated to RMA'ing this card and waiting for the replacement. Likely to purchase a motherboard later on haha.

6. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Probably best to just RMA. Can you try it in another computer?