Newb wants to build $1000 computer

Darktan2112

New Member
Hi. I'm new. I have grown extremely interested in computers over the past year. I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks now, but I'm still learning a lot, so it would be extremely wise to speak me like somebody's Mom who still thinks that 8-bit is the height of gaming technology. On top of that, I have an extremely low attention span when it comes to reading, so the simpler the explanations, the better. Don't go into a bunch of garbledy gook about Hyper-threading or other confusing stuff, just tell me this:

"Quad-Core > Dual-core"

Nice to meet you all.

Anyway, My cousin wanted to buy a MacBook pro for $2500. I have always been extremely against paying more than $1500 for a computer, as I believe that the highest-end technology is disproportionately expensive. I believe that two $1250 computers will last longer than one $2500 computer, assuming you purchase the second computer when your first one has become outdated. Plus, I have come to understand that Mac charges more for gaming qualities, and he is looking for a hard-core gaming computer. I talked him out of spending that much, and now he's down to a $1000 budget. I showed him this list of parts provided by "Linkin" in another thread.

Linkin said:

We're pretty happy with this build, and we understand that we'll need a monitor, mouse, keyboard, operating system,and speakers. Could anyone tell me - A NEWB - if I'm forgetting or misunderstanding anything? Should I try to build this setup if I've never built a computer before? Will this run Starcraft 2 on ultra settings with a screen full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes? How about Starcraft 2 full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes on Ultra settings in two windows, just for the hell of it?

Thank you a billion thousands.
-Rat
 
Last edited:
Do it, you'll be happy

Remember you dont have an Operating System, monitor or keyboard or mouse in your list, so those will be extra expenses.

Good Luck, keep an update of your build status!
 
Back
Top