Darktan2112
New Member
Hi. I'm new. I have grown extremely interested in computers over the past year. I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks now, but I'm still learning a lot, so it would be extremely wise to speak me like somebody's Mom who still thinks that 8-bit is the height of gaming technology. On top of that, I have an extremely low attention span when it comes to reading, so the simpler the explanations, the better. Don't go into a bunch of garbledy gook about Hyper-threading or other confusing stuff, just tell me this:
"Quad-Core > Dual-core"
Nice to meet you all.
Anyway, My cousin wanted to buy a MacBook pro for $2500. I have always been extremely against paying more than $1500 for a computer, as I believe that the highest-end technology is disproportionately expensive. I believe that two $1250 computers will last longer than one $2500 computer, assuming you purchase the second computer when your first one has become outdated. Plus, I have come to understand that Mac charges more for gaming qualities, and he is looking for a hard-core gaming computer. I talked him out of spending that much, and now he's down to a $1000 budget. I showed him this list of parts provided by "Linkin" in another thread.
We're pretty happy with this build, and we understand that we'll need a monitor, mouse, keyboard, operating system,and speakers. Could anyone tell me - A NEWB - if I'm forgetting or misunderstanding anything? Should I try to build this setup if I've never built a computer before? Will this run Starcraft 2 on ultra settings with a screen full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes? How about Starcraft 2 full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes on Ultra settings in two windows, just for the hell of it?
Thank you a billion thousands.
-Rat
"Quad-Core > Dual-core"
Nice to meet you all.
Anyway, My cousin wanted to buy a MacBook pro for $2500. I have always been extremely against paying more than $1500 for a computer, as I believe that the highest-end technology is disproportionately expensive. I believe that two $1250 computers will last longer than one $2500 computer, assuming you purchase the second computer when your first one has become outdated. Plus, I have come to understand that Mac charges more for gaming qualities, and he is looking for a hard-core gaming computer. I talked him out of spending that much, and now he's down to a $1000 budget. I showed him this list of parts provided by "Linkin" in another thread.
Linkin said:CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...674&cm_re=phenom_ii_x4-_-19-103-674-_-Product
Board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=am3_motherboard-_-13-128-435-_-Product
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0145263&cm_re=4gb_ddr3-_-20-145-263-_-Product
Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447&cm_re=5770-_-14-150-447-_-Product
Hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...533&cm_re=caviar_black-_-22-136-533-_-Product
Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7341017&cm_re=ocz_600w-_-17-341-017-_-Product
DVD burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151216
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9196&cm_re=storm_scout-_-11-119-196-_-Product
We're pretty happy with this build, and we understand that we'll need a monitor, mouse, keyboard, operating system,and speakers. Could anyone tell me - A NEWB - if I'm forgetting or misunderstanding anything? Should I try to build this setup if I've never built a computer before? Will this run Starcraft 2 on ultra settings with a screen full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes? How about Starcraft 2 full of eight 200 supply armies and constant stream of nukes on Ultra settings in two windows, just for the hell of it?
Thank you a billion thousands.
-Rat
Last edited: