Newegg's got Core 2 Duo's

bball4life

Well newegg had the x6800 for a little bit when they first came out. They were like $1400 though, way too much money. Newegg can be confusing sometimes.

b182tm

Sorry, but with the Conroe's would it be possible to use it on my old LGA775 mobo, or do you need a new one?

fade2green514

they've got other conroes listed just none in stock. i think the prices will drop once newegg has had them for a little bit. they probably just see it as the new enthusiast processor just like anybody else sees it, therefore a slightly higher price. personally i think $30 isn't that much when you're spending over $200 on the processor anyways.
then again if somewhere else (maybe tiger direct) has it cheaper id still buy from them. mistake on newegg's part i guess... the thing is that newegg has the ultimate customer service and process of shipping... normally i get my packages within 2 days and newegg will replace items soon after i send them back if i should need a replacement... a defective item at no fault of newegg's replaced by newegg.

ChrisUlrich

What do you mean the E6600 isn't a Conroe product? I thought the Dual 2 Cores were the Conroe processors?

Whats Conroe then?

bball4life

What do you mean the E6600 isn't a Conroe product? I thought the Dual 2 Cores were the Conroe processors?

Whats Conroe then?
Its conroe all the e6000's and x6800 are conroes, well that was there codename, they are core 2 now. The other core 2's out are woodrow xeons the 5100 series. And merom is the core 2 codename for the mobile core 2 cpu's. But yes the e6600 is core 2 (formerly conroe).

m0nk3ys1ms

Whats Conroe then?

I believe the E6600, E6700, and X6800 are Conroes. The E6300 and E6400 are Allendales. Meroms are the mobile CPU's. Conroe, Allendale, and Merom are the code names of the CPU's.

Last edited:

bball4life

I believe the E6600, E6700, and X6800 are Conroes. The E6300 and E6400 are Allendales. Meroms are the mobile CPU's.
They are all conroe, well technically none of them are. Conroe isn't a cpu is was the core 2 codename. Just call them core 2. :mad:

Here you go people. Wikipedia
Wikipedia said:
Allendale is a codename for stripped down versions of the Conroe processors with only 2MB of L2 cache. The E6300 (1.86GHz) and E6400 (2.13GHz), both with a 1066MT/s FSB, were released on July 27, 2006. At launch time, Intel's prices for the Core 2 Duo E6300 and E6400 processors were $183 USD and $224 USD each in quantities of 1000.

Ok so what it says is the allendales are the conroe's with only 2MB of cache, so yest the e6300 and e6400 are conroe and allendale, but all the x6000's and the x6800 are conroe, which is core 2.

Last edited: