Next Video Editer?

GOA-E

Hey,

I've been using windows media player and have got all the use I can out of it. Now I'm looking for the next step in video editors, something more advanced.
I don't mind freeware or payed software.

Thanks,

Andrew

Comp_Newb

For $100 at Best Buy you can get Sony Vegas Platinum 9.0. It's a great program and easy to learn. Most things are drag and drop! You drag your photos, music, and drag your transition and drop it where you want. Lots of nice tools.

alexandergre

move make - for very basic stuff
piacasa - a good video editing/slideshow maker
ulead - for normal users: family slideshows etc
Sony vegas - for more advanced users
adobe premiere - for clip/cutting and live recording
adobe aftereffects - for visual effects and 3d motions/effects
Apple FinalCut - For clip/cut and live recording your movies. very good for colour corrections.

GOA-E

Is Vegas Pro 8.0 the best version of the sony vegas series?

Thank you for all your help so far

Comp_Newb

I've heard people say that version 8 is the best but i don't know why. They would have never made 9 if there wasn't a quite a few new features.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I use Adobe Premier Pro and I love it. It'll take some getting used to coming from Movie maker, but once you get use to it you'll never go back.

Roy Rogers

low cost video editor

Nero video editing software is sufficient for beginning editing and usually comes free with the purchase of a DVD burner. I have used Sony movie studio but my version 7 no longer works in vista. It was obsolete before I even learned to use all it's features. Adobe Premier is excellent but pricey. It offers not only unsurpassed video editing but excellent audio features as well. An important audio tool is the ability to increase audio volume without increasing thermal noise, (boltsman's constant).

chibicitiberiu

Best applications I ever used were Premiere Pro & After Effects, together they work very nice. If you need tutorials you can find many on youtube, but the best one I've found so far was from Total Training ( www.totaltraining.com, you can try the free 7-day pass to see the first chapter of each training), they explained very well what every function does. That's how I learned how to use them, and I never actually used other video editing software, just this since I was a noob. It's going to take a while until you get used to it, but it's very cool.
The only problem is the price which is pretty high.