NFS: Pro Street

Kornowski

VIP Member
Just tried the demo of this game, what utter crap! Seriously, it's like something you'd expect to play on the PSone... :cool:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i had it on ps3.....got bored after 5 minuites :D

i no longer have my ps3,Well infact it was never mine.:p

We dont have a HDTV and it was going to be costly to set it up on my lcd monitor so i didnt buy it of my dads mate:)

Kornowski

VIP Member
i had it on ps3.....got bored after 5 minuites :D

i no longer have my ps3,Well infact it was never mine.:p

We dont have a HDTV and it was going to be costly to set it up on my lcd monitor so i didnt buy it of my dads mate:)

Ah right, so what are you going to do? PC build, Xbox?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
probably pc now mate,i must admit i was wrong,It may of been because i was playing it on a standard tv (not HDTV) but the graphics looked crap compared to the pcs graphics especialy the lucky guys who have 8800 series *cough* danny *cough*:p

he said i could take it home and try it first to see if it would work on the big tv downstars but it wouldnt and i couldnt live playing it on a crappy portable :D

but yeah i didnt realy enjoy the game at all,It just seemed like any of the other NFS games :cool:

Kornowski

VIP Member
probably pc now mate,i must admit i was wrong,It may of been because i was playing it on a standard tv (not HDTV) but the graphics looked crap compared to the pcs graphics especialy the lucky guys who have 8800 series *cough* danny *cough*:p

he said i could take it home and try it first to see if it would work on the big tv downstars but it wouldnt and i couldnt live playing it on a crappy portable :D

but yeah i didnt realy enjoy the game at all,It just seemed like any of the other NFS games :cool:

Haha, PC is surpreme! :p

Yeah, the 8800's are pretty awesome! :)

Well, at least you got to try it before you actually bought it! ;)

well, let me know if want a 7950GT *nudge nudge* ;)

MatrixEVO

Just tried the demo of this game, what utter crap! Seriously, it's like something you'd expect to play on the PSone... :cool:

I thought the same thing. But I got the game and I actually like it quite a bit. It probably helps that I bought a MOMO racing wheel and pedals to play it. The graphics are great as you can see from my screenshots:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hmm, It looks Ok, but I really don't like the handling at all! For some reason, it's like driving a shopping trolley! :p

MatrixEVO

Hmm, It looks Ok, but I really don't like the handling at all! For some reason, it's like driving a shopping trolley! :p

Haha. Well I wouldn't know, I'm using the wheel. But I can tell you that each kind of race (grip, speed, drag, and drift) have distinctly different handling. Grip and speed are the hardest to get used to. I think I did try the game a while ago before I had a wheel and didn't like the handling, but the wheel made a world of difference.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Haha. Well I wouldn't know, I'm using the wheel. But I can tell you that each kind of race (grip, speed, drag, and drift) have distinctly different handling. Grip and speed are the hardest to get used to. I think I did try the game a while ago before I had a wheel and didn't like the handling, but the wheel made a world of difference.

Yeah, the demo I played with the speed race thing... :cool: I don't know, it was the way the car was very, point and "Go" and if you so much as touched the sand, you had to start again, your car would flip, spin, fly & twist (which I forgot cars do when they go 125MPH :rolleyes:).

Justin

VIP Member
i have the game too. i just can't feel the speed in this need for speed game. i like the idea of actually using the breaks before going through corners and not just go through them at a hundred miles an hour. the graphics are good, better than the previous ones. oh and during speed challenges, half the time i'm worrying about not totaling my car:p, the nevada speed challenge tracks are hard! :mad:

elitehacker

The graphics is great, but they have made it all legal which takes some of the adrenaline out of Need for Speed, I play it to get away from the cops, I really like carbon over pro street. Part of the reason why you play need for speed is to let that inner speed demon out of you while avoiding arrest, that's was one of the many reasons I played need for speed and Pro street just took a chunk out the enjoyment I have had with previous Need for Speed titles.

zaroba

its an ok game, nice graphics, but annoying quirks. like how the cars shake like there on a vibrator and the fact that you can have two of the same cars set up exactly the same and the one for drag will only top out at 250mph and the one in speed challenge will go well over that and have much slower acceleration.

without a free roam city its just another racing game, and it got boring very fast.
the free roam stuff is where most of the fun is. without that your just driving circles around various (and in pro street, often nearly the same) tracks, over and over and over and over and over.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
I tried it on my xbox (with a FX driving wheel) and it wasnt really fun at all. I mean, its a decent, arcade racing game, but I really prefer games that are a bit more realistic, or at least, feel a bit more realistic ^^ (since i wouldnt know weither the cars in say, project gotham 4 are realistic, never drove a McLaren F1 before or so :p )

TheOrangeDude

Just dont know why they made NFS into such GT/Froza's like style, and consider they dont even port it very well in pro street racing style. I mean I want to race in the city's street not something like a pro racing. Infact if I want to race like a pro I wouldn't bother buying nfs there always good old GT and Froza. They should have just make most wanted 2 and dump in lots lots more cars and more bosses. Instead being an @$$ and make this brand new crap that no one enjoy (I dont think alot of people enjoy this game after they played most wanted).

evil-xxx

Just dont know why they made NFS into such GT/Froza's like style, and consider they dont even port it very well in pro street racing style. I mean I want to race in the city's street not something like a pro racing. Infact if I want to race like a pro I wouldn't bother buying nfs there always good old GT and Froza. They should have just make most wanted 2 and dump in lots lots more cars and more bosses. Instead being an @$$ and make this brand new crap that no one enjoy (I dont think alot of people enjoy this game after they played most wanted).

what you gotta admit is that GT is too professional for most people:(.
I played GT4 for 4 hours and I cant even win one single gold medal!!

PunterCam

The handling is just shite in pro street. It really annoyed me when I played as I always look forward to the nfs games - they've all been pretty great since underground 2. I don't know what they were thinking about with the handling though. Sure I've only played it with a keyboard, but it always worked naturally and predictably in the old ones.