[NGOHQ] Boycott Games for Windows Live

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=boycott

We have decided to start a boycott campaign against Microsoft’s Games for Windows – Live service because it’s violating our rights as consumers. Microsoft is pushing hard to make online PC gaming exactly like the Xbox’s. They want us to pay additional costs to subscribe to their Live service, and pay more monthly fees for a gold account, or to use the barely/non-working Silver account. Even if a gamer surrenders his soul for the attached fees to Microsoft; he may not even be able to purchase a subscription because the Live service is only available in 26 countries out of the 196 countries. This means that gamers from 170 countries are currently unable to purchase gold subscriptions even if they want to.

i am going to boycott all these games in the list as i do not want to pay just to play online
that's the main reason im playing PC games because there cheap and few to play online
that's also one of the reasons i got rid of my 360

why are they using us as there gaming ***** to force us to buy windows vista? if you make something that is good you wont need to advertise or force people to buy it if it is good people will buy it them selves

please spread the word Boycott windows games live dont make us pay for playing games online

kobaj

VIP Member
I dont think you're going to have much luck with this. First off, you dont HAVE to pay for live. They DO have a silver version which is FREE and you can play most(all?) online games with it (ex,Halo2). Besides, people with 360s most likely already have live, and so if they get a game for windows live they can use the same gold account and play online.

Internet gaming isnt free in a whole either, you have to pay you're ISP. Maybe we should boycott them!

In all honesty its 50$ a year, considering all the extra features you get such as text and vocal chat sessions, matchmaking, gamercards, etc etc. Its not that bad of a price. Look at the PS game network (thing...), its free and pretty much sucks.... Even the STEAM game finder, yes, I do love searching through thousands of servers that say they have 52 player only to find out it actually has 0-1 :mad:.

But there will always be that one guy, who is busy arguing instead of playing. :rolleyes: