NIC problem

deaths soul

Ok i figured out the problem, the pins in my nic card must not be getting a good connection with the pins in my cables, because when i press down on the cable it works fine and gets connected right away, but when i let go it losses the connection again, when i look at the nic card pins they look fine and not bent or dirty, any suggestions?

alanuofm

VIP Member
deaths soul said:
Ok i figured out the problem, the pins in my nic card must not be getting a good connection with the pins in my cables, because when i press down on the cable it works fine and gets connected right away, but when i let go it losses the connection again, when i look at the nic card pins they look fine and not bent or dirty, any suggestions?

you shouldnt have to push on it. is the screw in tight?

alanuofm

VIP Member
oh thought you were on a desktop. most ethernet ports are built onto the motherboard. if it is a bad connection you might have to send it in for repair. have you tried any other ethernet cables?

deaths soul

Yes i tried like 4 cables that i know work, it seems like the cable isnt touching the pins on the NIC unless i press down on the cable, but when i let go it disconnects.

alanuofm

VIP Member
deaths soul said:
Yes i tried like 4 cables that i know work, it seems like the cable isnt touching the pins on the NIC unless i press down on the cable, but when i let go it disconnects.

do you still have warranty?