Nice HD pc?

Vermin

New Member
I want to watch Full HD movies (1080x1920) on my Sony Bravia (actually my fathers, but you know what I mean)
I also want to be able to receive streamed HD-stuff (youtube style, but better quality, this stuff isn't streamed really frequently, though great-quality streams can be found on the internet)
Would this pc be okay for that stuff?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ EE
MSI K9A2GM-FIH mobo NOTE: this motherboard has an onboard HD-decoder
1x2GB DDR2-800 RAM
LG GGC-H20L blu-ray player
160GB Hard Disk (dunno which brand, they're just flying around here in my home:D)
 
No dedicated video card?

I heard dedicated will do as well, as long as the videocard supports HDMI and HD-decoding.
Then I was told to add a 90 bucks (60 euro) X2 EE or BE processor.
Well, I couldn't really find one, only a cheaper one, though I've also heard somewhere that a Sempron 3200+ can do fine (according to a test).

I figured this should be fine, but I'm the kinda guy who only stops doubting when explicitly told that it's fine:D
 
it would probably be smarter to get a 5000+ be and oc it, the lower processors speed, the more utilization its going to have
 
it would probably be smarter to get a 5000+ be and oc it, the lower processors speed, the more utilization its going to have
I can't get a 5000+ BE here, it just isn't sold in the Netherlands.

im not sure i understand, do you already have that computer or no?

Nope, I don't have it yet, haven't bought it either.
It's still just a few parts in a digital shopping cart.
 
so where do you live and are you actually planning on building the computer yourself? because if so i can make a few suggestions that, in the end, would help you out a TON.
 
I live in the Netherlands (in the province Noord-Holland to be more precise) and I'm actually planning on letting my father build it:D
I probably could do it myself, but my father has done it before, and I haven't.
But a few suggestions would be welcome, yeah.

Oh, and I'm not planning on overclocking. I'd need to buy extra coolers (I hate that stuff, I would have to keep track of the temperature) and I've never OC'ed anything.
 
Last edited:
I live in the Netherlands (in the province Noord-Holland to be more precise) and I'm actually planning on letting my father build it:D
I probably could do it myself, but my father has done it before, and I haven't.
But a few suggestions would be welcome, yeah.

Oh, and I'm not planning on overclocking. I'd need to buy extra coolers (I hate that stuff, I would have to keep track of the temperature) and I've never OC'ed anything.

OK, that's helpful, budget?
 
OK, that's helpful, budget?

I don't really have a budget, but if I can get something working for X bucks, then I'm definitely not gonna pay a cent more.
So my budget is just as less as possible.

We have plenty of old computers here, so I guess I can use an old case and an old PSU (of course I'm first gonna check what capacity and the energy efficiency it has, really important).
 
Wow:eek:
Dude, I'm not looking for shoes, I just bought some already.
Didn't the moderators block you yet:mad:?!

And by the way, I thought my English was bad, but yours is even worse!



Okay, let's get back to serious!
Last thing I said was:

OK, that's helpful, budget?

I don't really have a budget, but if I can get something working for X bucks, then I'm definitely not gonna pay a cent more.
So my budget is just as less as possible.

We have plenty of old computers here, so I guess I can use an old case and an old PSU (of course I'm first gonna check what capacity and the energy efficiency it has, really important).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top