Nitrogen cooling

Sepzis

Any1 know if it is possible to get a closed liquid nitrogen cooling system for a PC? Enclosed liquid nitrogen should provide aprox -80 degrees Celsius.
Budget 1500$

MMM

Any1 know if it is possible to get a closed liquid nitrogen cooling system for a PC? Enclosed liquid nitrogen should provide aprox -80 degrees Celsius.
Budget 1500$
You think they going to sell that to the public for little Kiddies to play with.....
Dream on.....

just a noob

The closest thing you can get to a closed loop ln2 system would be a cascade phase change unit, but they're usually way over $1500, and use up a lot of energy. The other closest thing would be a single stage unit, you should be able to get one from a custom builder for under $1500.http://under-the-ice.com/

Geoff

VIP Member
Nitrogen cooling isn't meant to be run for long periods of time anyways, it's more for breaking benchmark and overclock records.

Yeti

VIP Member
Budget 1500$
A commercially built system made for a PC? No.
A commercially built system that could be fitted to a PC? Yes, with several options.
On a budget of $1500? No, none that I know of.

Yeti

VIP Member
Yes, I think most people know that it is possible to run an overclocked computer cooled with LN2. Continously cooling the computer to cryogenic temperatures, as the OP wanted (sort of, -80C isn't cryogenic, but proper LN2 cooling should get you well below -80C), would just be horribly impractical unless there was a really good reason to rely on a single, extremely overclocked computer. I could go into some depth as to why this is the case, but I doubt anyone would really care.