No apg

Person

I just bought a Hp Pavilion a614n for $500 at Officedepot, but the motherboard dosn't have an APG slot, but the funny thing is that i can see the little pins and Skrewholes were the APG slot would mount on. Do you think that there is anyway that i could buy and APG slot and mount it onto my motherboard?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think that there is anyway that I could buy and APG slot and mount it onto my motherboard?
You can physically attatch a port prolly but the chipset wont support it :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I think it will... all the AGP settings are in the hardware/windows...
You *might* be able to get it to work if the AGP settings in the chipset are just disabled and not "not-present" ... when you say "AGP settings are in the hardware/windows..." ... windows looks at the chipset to get the drivers and such. Also, dont 4get that windows isnt the only OS ... for it to be a "true" installtion, it'll also have to be detected by something like say, Linux :)

But it is possible that you have a board where the AGP is disable in BIOS and they physically removed but I would think that to be uncommon.