no audio help

Bill16857

Just swapped my video card to a different slot and swapped my ram to different slotes and now i have no audio. My audio driver is installed and up to date, the only sound coming from the speakers is a sort of static. The speakers work fine.
no idea whats going on! haha i want to get back to playing bf3!
EDIT: If i play a song i can hear the song however it is VERY distorted and really quite. This is along with a fair bit of static

Last edited:

mtb211

ha this is going to sound stupid but you do have it in the correct aux slot right? Put a song on and take the green auxiliary cord and put it in each hole just so I can rule that out... then we can figure out if its your sound card / on-board sound

Bill16857

Sound is integrated in the motherboard and yes I have it plugged into the correct jack. I swapped the components around because it was playing up a bit but yes I swapped it all back but it made no difference. Could I have somehow ruined the onboard sound? Should I buy a cheap sound card?

massahwahl

VIP Member
Most likely its a driver issue, have you tried a system restore to before you changed around your hardware? Also checked 1up ensure your drivers are up to date?

Bill16857

hmm yes i will try that, however even when i completely uninstall all audio drivers i still get a heap of static out of the speakers

Bill16857

If this helps at all here is a recording of what a song sounds like
EDIT: Also when i completely uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled different ones it seemed to get rid of alot of static, if not all at lower levels, however when music is played it sounds like the attachted file. Very distorted

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 2

Bill16857

i went and bought a $20 sound card works great. i guess the onboard sound was dead, thanks for your help guys