no bass and treble available

youradaisy

I just bought an Emachine for my son. He does recording through a microphone and pre-amp using Adobe Audition. The emachine of course does not allow you access to bass and treble settings. When he clicks on Front Mic advanced settings, bass and treble are greyed out and not available. I read that this means the sound card or driver does not support them. Do I buy a new sound card? Or is there a solution. He says now when he records he sounds like he is on the telephone...he needs bass!!! What do I do, anyone?

Hugh9191

If recordings sound like a telephone adding more bass wont fix it.

How is he hooking this preamp in, if it's in the mic socket as your post suggests that is the problem. It should really be plugged into the line in.

youradaisy

question

Well I will check on that, but my question still remains hoiw do I get access to bass and treble through my sound card? Do I need to buy a new one?
The sound card that came in the emachine does not support the advanced settings under front mic for bass and treble.

youradaisy

no bass or treble

He has tried both plug ins, mic and line in, and he still needs bass. Since the emachine doesnt come with a sound card or driver that supports the treble and bass, do I need to buy a new sound card for the computer? I already called emachine support last night and they couldnt help me, all the drivers were already up to date, they were really sorry, lol. Anyone know what I should do?

dark666apoc

if your son is recording on it you are going to want an entire eq on the computer treble and bass do nothing but distort things when you boost them jsut try to invest in a decently priced soundcard with an eq in the programming

youradaisy

suggestions

Any suggestions on what I should buy as far as a sound card? Emachines site just has pc's, no accessories.

dark666apoc

not really sorry :/
i usually jsut stick to stock soundcards iveheard goodthings from turtle beach or turtle bay or somethign it all depends on what drivers they use
im on an idt audio setup right now and it has a 10 band eq

also before you buy anything you may jsut want to find out what audio driver you need it may not of come preinstalled do you have a link to the computer you have? i MIGHT be able to help youout depending on the audio codec

/\E

OMG at the redundant posts from the Silver Members in this thread.

Anyway, if the sound is integrated and it is on this machine then it probably won't support bass, treble and such. You need to just buy a sound card that supports it.

Since he does some recording, something like this might be worth your while to buy now. And you won't find me recommending a Creative card, I hate Creative because they are all about stripping features and killing their community.

dark666apoc

http://support.gateway.com/support/...tek Audio Driver&uid=224273626&site=emachines

try that
(to/\E)
very much so NOT true at all haha im using onboard audio and on EVERY onboard audio setup ive used there has been some sort of eq system setup in the codec

and to the original poster i cannot find what audio drivers your computer needs so inthis case yes jsut go for a new soundcard

my neighbor has this card in his computer it seems to work great
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271001

also cheaper and more reviews

youradaisy

thanks to both for the card suggestions

I think the pc i have has the following Audio codecs:
IMA ADPCM
Microsoft ADPCM
Microsoft CCITT G.711
Microsoft GCM 6.10
DSP Group Speed (TM)
msg 723 acm
Windows Media
Sipro Lab Telecom
Indeo Audio Software
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3
13codecp.acm
Ogg Vorbis
Microsoft PCM Converter

Do you still think the sound card you suggested will give my son the ability to change the sound That comes through the microphone for recording?

/\E

(to/\E)
very much so NOT true at all haha im using onboard audio and on EVERY onboard audio setup ive used there has been some sort of eq system setup in the codec

Not exactly referring to all machines like you thought. ;) You've been lucky and also used boards that are better than what an eMachine would have.

Just so you know, codecs are responsible for encoding and decoding data. The drivers allow you to tune the aspects of the audio.

youradaisy

he records rap, him and his friends....singing with beats I guess off Adobe audition, and Fruity Loops, I dont know a whole lot about it, but I did get a new sound card this morning off Ebay. I went with the Omega Striker because it had more line in and mic in features acording to the specs. I got a good deal on it too I think....$75 and free shipping. The Auzentech was also alot more expensive.

/\E

he records rap, him and his friends....singing with beats I guess off Adobe audition, and Fruity Loops, I dont know a whole lot about it, but I did get a new sound card this morning off Ebay. I went with the Omega Striker because it had more line in and mic in features acording to the specs. I got a good deal on it too I think....$75 and free shipping. The Auzentech was also alot more expensive.

I looked at the boards between the card I recommended and the one the other member recommended. They're pretty close maybe even from the same manufacturer and rebranded.

Hugh9191

The soundcard can't hurt his recordings but I don't think that increasing the bass will solve the problem. In Audition he should be able to eq the tracks after they have been recorded.

Also what is he plugging in to the computer to record from?