No better forum to post this in: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Howdy,

I have possessed / owned one for a couple of months, now. A buddy sent it to me as a gift, along with a ton of accessories. Apparently, because some relative of his never used it, after it was purchased.

Anyway, I'm just getting started using this one. Definitely not the newest unit out there. But, it works well, so far. I installed Windows Core IoT on one Micro SD and Raspbian on another. Learning what I can do with both, I hope, in the upcoming weeks - months. I know very little about it, so far. But, I can see buying the most current model not so far down the road.

So, anyone here run a RPi2, or other, similar device?

Twiki

Few months back I built a RPi3B gaming console with Retropie and bought an SD card loaded with 4500+ games over 12 game consoles. I put it all in a Nintendo mini case with dual fan heatsink and a stronger PSU.

I set up my 32" TV on a swivel mount over my bed and built a shelf under it. I also have a DVD player in the setup. I have an Invacare bed I bought at an estate sale for $100. It is electrically adjustable. Gets real comfy. :cool:

Twiki

Found a site called 8bit Blast and got interested in an image file that contained 17,000+ C64 roms. The image file in total has 100,000+ roms for 40 consoles. Really interesting to see consoles like Amiga, Amstrad, Coleco and Intellivision to name a few.

I wanted C64 games because I was a diehard C64 nut. Because of this I'm going down the memory lane with my favorite games like Bonecruncher and Time Tunnel.

By the way, I used to write games on my C64 using basic, compiler and assembly. I sold a game to Compute! magazine called Brick The Wall. It was put in a 64/128 game collection book. Sadly I didn't get any royalty because the books didn't sell much.