No connectivity

Yo-Yo

My cable modem plugs directly into my computer. One day it randomly had limited or no connectivity. I have tried ethernet and usb connections to it as well with re-installing the usb drivers. I even tried a system restore to the day before the problem. any ideas?

Trizoy

VIP Member
Call your ISP, ask them to query your modem.. It is a test to make sure it is ok. If it is not, it is either your ethernet cord, or the ethernet card.

Yo-Yo

Oops, I forgot to mention I can hook the modem to any other computer with the same cables and it works fine. And when I use USB to the computer that "doesnt like it" it doesnt work . So it cant be the cord or the card

Yo-Yo

Here is what I have
picik8.jpg

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
oooh, i get that all the time on one of my other PC, sbasically something somewhere screws up and the PC goes into AutoConfig mode on that conenction, all those settings, like the Subnet and the IP address are hidden away in the registry, i fix it by reinstalling the drivers for the network adapter. Fixes it every time. Try it

dragon2309

soccerdude

Did you try taking out your ethernet plug and put it back it? And if you did, did you try taking out the plug from the wall? One of these should help you with your problem.

Yo-Yo

As I said before, I can plug the modem into any other computer and it will work fine, but I will call the ISP just to make sure.