No Display/Cpu Fan On and OFF

mtb211

Active Member
When I boot the PC there is no display and the CPU fan speeds up and slows down over and over.... Makes me think the PC is rebooting over and over because its overheating. I do not think its a video card problem

I just moved to germany, that probally does not matter but I took the CPU fan off and it looks like there isnt much thermal paste left over... does anyone know how I can figure out which piece of hardware is shot so I dont have to do trial and error

Thanks!

Matt

PS The computer has never been opened and was bought two years ago
 
Take out the CMOS battery, disconnect the power, wait for 30 seconds, place it back in. Is there any difference?
 
Okay did that still having the same issue... allthough after about thirty seconds the fan stopped doing that on/off deal
 
no motherboard beeps,
ah this is a pain, its not my pc it was just dropped off... I dont know the specs.. but i have no idea whats going on
 
No, it was broken when it was dropped off. It wasnt transported from USA to germany. It was a few miles away, no mobo beeps..... so doesnt that limit the problem to the video card?
 
Could be many things. Open the side panel, take the RAM and GFX out, and reseat them. See if that does anything. If you have onboard video, take out the GFX and use the onboard. If it still doesn't work, take out one stick of RAM and start. Then vice versa.
 
I dont know if it has onboard video... Thats a very good idea thanks!

the computer is german, psu didnt need to be changed.

I reseated everything in the computer.

Is there a quick way to see if theres onboard video instead of typing in the serial number on the web?
Thanks!
 
Back
Top