No hard drive found, can't boot Vista

DemonWolf

Hey all, got a brand new Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 3420 the day before christmas.

AMD Phenom 8550 triple-core processor, 4GB RAM and ATI Radeon 3450 graphics card.

The harddrive is a Seagate Barracuda, 500GB and 7200 rpm.

What happened is, that suddenly, Windows Vista won't boot. I get an error message that says "No boot device found". I opened the computer up, checked that the harddrive was connected, started again. No luck. I took it out, put it back in, same thing. I did not install any new software or hardware to cause this, it worked fine the day before.

My question is, what can I do to fix this, if anything? Should I just take it back?

Vista was preloaded on the comp, and it had an option to create recovery DVD's which I of course was planning to do later this week, so I have no Vista/drivers CD.

Thanks for any input.

-DW

fmw

Hey all, got a brand new Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 3420 the day before christmas.

AMD Phenom 8550 triple-core processor, 4GB RAM and ATI Radeon 3450 graphics card.

The harddrive is a Seagate Barracuda, 500GB and 7200 rpm.

What happened is, that suddenly, Windows Vista won't boot. I get an error message that says "No boot device found". I opened the computer up, checked that the harddrive was connected, started again. No luck. I took it out, put it back in, same thing. I did not install any new software or hardware to cause this, it worked fine the day before.

My question is, what can I do to fix this, if anything? Should I just take it back?

Vista was preloaded on the comp, and it had an option to create recovery DVD's which I of course was planning to do later this week, so I have no Vista/drivers CD.

Thanks for any input.

-DW

Something is broken - drive, mainboard, connector, cable.... if you don't have the parts to swap out to determine the cause then, yes, you need to return it.

stevedude

there is a chance something got changed it the bios so try checking that also if you can try and find out if the harddrive is running you can usually tell by putting your hand on it

DemonWolf

Still no luck.

I have a Lacie 500GB external hard drive, can I install Windows XP on it in the meantime?

I tried but it didn't seem to work. :(