No Hard Drive reading after boot?

Danda

Hello CF,

Its been like 3000 years since I posted here...

So here is my dilemma. I got a new Motherboard and CPU this Christmas and installed all my stuff on it. However, it did not read my hard drive and my OS wouldn't boot. Okay thats fine I have everything backed up already. I reformatted my SSD and installed my OS, getting everything back up and running. Now after a few reboots, the motherboard would no longer read the hard drive. Its there, but it wont boot from it. So I swapped SATA ports, and it read it again. But only after I reboot the machine does it go missing. I have a 'work around' for now but I dont want to keep doing this. Does anyone have an idea on why this is happening? I reset the mobo settings to default and that worked for like, 3 reboots until the issue occurred again.

Thank you in advance!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130770 (Motherboard)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369 (CPU)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try using a different sata cable first and see what happens. Does the bios see the drive at all times? If the bios sees the drive then its an windows install issue. When you reinstalled windows did you only have the SSD attached to your system and no other hdd's?

Danda

Try using a different sata cable first and see what happens. Does the bios see the drive at all times? If the bios sees the drive then its an windows install issue. When you reinstalled windows did you only have the SSD attached to your system and no other hdd's?
I did change the SATA cables on the SSD, and it only showed after I replugged the SSD in again. There was my backup hard drive installed when I did the Windows reinstall. I didnt think about removing the backup HD, anything else I should try?

Okedokey

Ensure you have the latest chipset drivers and sata drivers. Ensure you have the windows hdd as priority boot. Boot into windows and go to computer management. Click on disk management and right click on the disk that isn't showing. Initialise.