No HDMI output to flatscreen TV.

I have an Acer Aspire X1300 desktop. I had been streaming netflix through an HDMI cable. The power flicked off and came back on and since I have not been able to stream netflix from the Acer. When I put the flatscreen on HDMI all I get is a black screen with "no signal" showing.

Could anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it. Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like the hdmi port went out with the power outage. You would need to get a cheap video card with a hdmi port now.

First though. Check device manager to make sure its still shows up.

juicyfruit

This what happen to me last Thursday., a storm blew in and knocked out the HDMI on my PC monitor.

I took the desktop to a shop Friday afternoon and tested the pc and it work on his monitor with a repair of windows because of the power outage. I took it back to the house hooked it and nothing.

Called Best buy where I bought the monitor at and they were open till 7:00 pm., drove there and was going to buy another monitor. They tested the monitor and it work but on a VGA hook up.

So I bought a new gold plated HDMI cord and a VGA hook up with a HDMI on the other end. Got home hooked up the new HDMI cord nothing. then I hooked up the VGA connection to the monitior and the HDMI to the card and it works now.

So I am guessing the hook up on the monitor of the HDMI port went bad.