No internet!

lhstud10

Hey guys i was having a little trouble.

I hoped on my computer and i noticed that the local area connection was not connected. so i looked at the properties and stuff, nothing.

Then i checked the back and noticed that the led's on the ethernet port were not blinking or on period. Then i tried a different cable and still same result. then i checked my router and noticed that it was not communicating with the computer...

any ideas other than mabye the ethernet port went out?:confused:

dmw2692004

is the router to where the Ethernet cable goes powered on?
is the cable pushed in all the way?
do you have your Ethernet drivers/firmware un-installed?
(start> right click on my computer> properties> hardware> find the Ethernet/ connections section. and see if there are any error/ missing drivers in there.)

start from there. if that does not work. post up again.

lhstud10

is the router to where the Ethernet cable goes powered on?
is the cable pushed in all the way?
do you have your Ethernet drivers/firmware un-installed?
(start> right click on my computer> properties> hardware> find the Ethernet/ connections section. and see if there are any error/ missing drivers in there.)

start from there. if that does not work. post up again.

yea already checked that. if the drivers arent installed, then how would i get them onto the computer?

GameMaster

Your router died. You have to buy new router.
You said it's not comunicating with computer, so that has to be it.
Routers die often.

lhstud10

Your router died. You have to buy new router.
You said it's not comunicating with computer, so that has to be it.
Routers die often.

humm, how mistaken you are. :pThe router is not broken simply because i am using it right now... also i play xbox live every day on the exact same router connected the exactly the same way as the computer only using a different cable and port on the router...

can any1 help me on where i would be able to get the drivers for my computer?:)

GameMaster

U said ur LAN connection isn't working. Means that LAN part of ur router died. LAN connection isn't necessery as long as you can use USB connection. So...

lhstud10

U said ur LAN connection isn't working. Means that LAN part of ur router died. LAN connection isn't necessery as long as you can use USB connection. So...

right, the connection between the router and my computer cannot be made.

so i updated the drivers for the network from hp.com, and it shows that the drivers are from like 2005...

Last edited:

GameMaster

Contact your Internet Service Provider ( ISP ) and ask them to help. You can also ask them to create not a broadband connection ( which I believe you are using ), but to create USB connection. Then you will see is it just one part of router, or is it LAN card, OR if it doesn't work neither, it's up to your Network Card.

lhstud10

Contact your Internet Service Provider ( ISP ) and ask them to help. You can also ask them to create not a broadband connection ( which I believe you are using ), but to create USB connection. Then you will see is it just one part of router, or is it LAN card, OR if it doesn't work neither, it's up to your Network Card.

lol, yea i got some help from a friend and he put a new network card in and now its fine, im posting from this computer. :p