No internet

beers

Staff member
If it's a smart TV or you want to connect it to the internet, yes.

No IP = No Internet

kopi

I am assuiming otherwise no. Can I restore somehow modem that it will give second free IP to computer?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I am assuiming otherwise no. Can I restore somehow modem that it will give second free IP to computer?
Unless your modem is an actual modem/router gateway then you'll need to hook up a router to have more then 1 device being able to get online at a time. What modem do you have?

kopi

I do not know what modem is it, it is form ISP, but I had more that two devices connected succesfully directly before.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just list the model number. If you had 2 devices connected to it before then its a modem and router in one. You don't need a second router. Give us the model number so we know what you are using.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you type out how everything is connected? Or show a diagram? You must have a modem and router connected. That model number you gave is only a switch. A switch alone will not provide internet to 2 devices simultaneously.

Also, if you have a separate modem and router, make sure that the ethernet cable from the modem is plugged into the internet port on the router and not an lan port or the router will be basically acting as a switch.

beers

Staff member
How is tv on both segments?

I'd just buy whatever your isp recommends and have them hook it up. Networking is harder when you aren't familiar with how everything works.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you have a modem/router combo unit and then a second router. You probably don't have it configured correctly. Without knowing the model numbers of modem and router and how each is configured, we don't really know what the issue is. Does computer 1 have internet?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So right now, what isn't getting internet according to your diagram? Can you give us model numbers of your modem and router?

kopi

So right now, what isn't getting internet according to your diagram? Can you give us model numbers of your modem and router?

There is only one black box and it has the number that I write before(MIL-SM801G). Router is Linksys EA6900 AC1900. What isn't getting internet is computer 2.(It does get it if it is connected via router or wirelessly)
And it probably isnt problem with too many IPS, since I had connected it like that before and it worked. The problem occured when I used ipconfig comands(release,renew, flushdns).
Today I also tried to setup a wi fi extender with computer2 and it also did not work properly. Than I try with laptop and ther was no problems.

Does it have 2 NICs? If not, that's why not.

I do now, but TVs work fine, so I am assuming yes.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
This is very confusing your diagram shows a modem and router. The MIL-sm801g item is a switch. What are you referring it as? its not the modem. What kind of internet do you have? DSL or cable or what?