No monitor signal - HDD light always on

wellhellothere

Supposed to be repairing this computer, but im not entirely sure whats going on.

It boots, but theres no Bios beeps. Theres no signal to the monitor - no display whatsoever, and the HDD light is solid red all the time.

I've tried removing all the slave drives, i've tried testing each stick of ram on its own, and i've checked all connections and fans - they're as they should be.

Any idea what to do next?

sniperchang

Without any visual information, there's not much else you can do except fidle with hardware.

Double check that it's not a cable issue or something (maybe try different cables?). It would be very frustating to find that the monitor isn't plugged in or something, lol.

wellhellothere

Re-setting the cmos worked - HDD light is behaving as normal, and the system boots up fine.

The keyboard only seems to work in Bios, and the mouse doesnt work at all... any idea?

Good advice so far, thanks!

sniperchang

Glad to hear that!

Is your Mouse+Keyboard USB?

By resetting the CMOS, your BIOS is now running with default configuration. You may need to go into BIOS and play around with the settings. Check if there's USB controller or something.