No Post!!!

insaneazian

The lights turn on, temperature sensor works, fans whirl but no post. Using Asus P5B, I heard that these boards need a bios update before being able to run core 2 duo? any help??

PC eye

banned
Now now now Before assuming there's some bad hardware involved first recheck all power connections including a slightly larger 4 wire plug with black and yellow wires that plugs in near the cpu socket(commonly overlooked). Take a close look at the small plugs coming from the case's own wiring harness. If the reset or power switch button wires are reversed or lifted off you won't get too far. And if that Antec P-160w refers to your power supply... OOPS! You don't have enough power with 160 watts to start any build.

PC eye

banned
haha. Power and reset switch have no polarity. It doesn't matter a hoot if they are reversed or not. lol :D

I knew I could get you to but in! :p But you still have to have those plugged in on the correct pins as well as plugged in. It doesn't take much tugging in and around the wires to see those lift up.

SirKenin

banned
That's true. It depends though. I've seen some fit very snuggly, some sloppily. It depends on the case. And yeah, putting them on the correct pins helps. :p

PC eye

banned
You wouldn't want the power led crossed over to the speaker now would you? I can imagine you might start hearing some odd sounds from the case. :p

sniperchang

The lights turn on, temperature sensor works, fans whirl but no post. Using Asus P5B, I heard that these boards need a bios update before being able to run core 2 duo? any help??

It could be your ram, people had troubles with OCZ+P5B. See if you can test it with some other ram.

[ULKER]

Hi,

First, you need to flash the BIOS - probably your is with 170 BIOS, you need 211 BIOS

Second, take your ram back to the store, because my problems wore the same. Now Im runing Corsair.

PC eye

banned
[ULKER];419169 said:
Hi,

First, you need to flash the BIOS - probably your is with 170 BIOS, you need 211 BIOS

Second, take your ram back to the store, because my problems wore the same. Now Im runing Corsair.

While Corsair has been labeled the gamer's memory I found that Kingston runs quite well on Asus boards. Apparently you are not the only one with complaints on OCZ memory lately. On some searches I come across some with some verbal expressed! :eek: !!!

PC eye

banned
I've heard a few beauts lately when running a search for an article or other reference and run right into another forum instead. If you can find it Asus along with other companies have a list of the brands they have tested and recommend for their boards. Unforttunately a direct browse from their home page onto other pages and links didn't locate one for the newer boards.