No Post!!!

insaneazian

I have an Asus P5B Deluxe with generic 256mb ram to update bios and get my ocz installed. It should work but i'm getthing no posts. I've heard that the P5B Deluxe sometimes does not recognize the Core 2 Duo right off the bat, any suggestions??

PC eye

banned
If you had a second single cored model cpu to use you could see if that or the board was the problem. If the board booted normally you would then update the bios. Besides a possible defect on the board you may have need for the newer 12v 4 wire feed to be plugged in similar to what is seen on AMD Socket 939 model boards. There the system won't boot without that plugged in.

Pr0

Instead of wasting the money on another cpu you could call asus and tell them your mobo model type and they will send the updated bios chip through the mail. I had the same problem. I personally had to pay 20 bucks for it arrive the next day for my bios when this happened.

insaneazian

hmmm i see a 4 prong connector but its in a square formation and i can't find a connector from my power supply, I'm running a trupower 2 480w blue, i'm not running anything in sli so it should be enough

PC eye

banned
Instead of wasting the money on another cpu you could call asus and tell them your mobo model type and they will send the updated bios chip through the mail.
:confused:

What good does that do if there is another type of fault on the board like a bad north or south bridge? :rolleyes: A simple swap of cpus if one is already onhand would tell if the update is needed. If nothing happens still the board should be returned under warranty. If the Core 2 Duo is the problem(dead cpu) the quick swap would also point that out as well.

PC eye

banned
You forgot the old 4 wire plug again! :p That is one of the most common goofs so don't feel bad about it. The high cpu temp on the other hand points at a little need for some Artic Silver 5. Make sure the cpu fan is working as well. Although Intel models run warmer then AMDs that temp is just a bit too high there. I had a Socket A cpu hit 85C probably the reason for the bios failing afterwards. That happened when a fan quit one day on a 3rd party cooler. (ouch! that's hot! :eek: !)

insaneazian

alright good think i bought some artic silver 5 just in case :D, ugh I gotta run the leak test on my water cooling system tomorrow :D

PC eye

banned
UT OH! You certainly don't want a flood inside the case.... oh no... :eek: !!! But at least you know why the system wouldn't start. :D