WIndows 10 no second drive

ric27

I have managed to complete my first PC build.
Ryzen 7 3800X
Asus X570 MB
XPF RX 580 GPU
2 - 16g Vengeance 3200 Ram
2 - 970 EVO NVMe.2

It is all up and running with just a couple of glitches. The main one is that the second EVO does not show up on "this PC" in Windows. I went to the Bios and can see both drives listed. I did install the second EVO after I installed Windows.

Second problem is the ram, rated at 3200 Hz is only running @ 2133 as shown in the bios.

let it be known that before building this PC I had never been in the bios of any computer.

thanks
Ric

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to use disc management to create a simple partition on the 2nd drive before windows will see it. As far as the ram speed goes, you'll need to go into the bios and enable XMP profile.

ric27

You need to use disc management to create a simple partition on the 2nd drive before windows will see it. As far as the ram speed goes, you'll need to go into the bios and enable XMP profile.
Thanks Johnb35,

Is Disk management on the Bios?

ric27

I was able to get into
I was able to get into disk management while waiting for reply. Thanks again! What I see when I get there is in the top window is the C Drive and its partitions the second drive is not represented in that window. below that are the drive windows the top one Disk 0 and is mark as unallocated. below that is disk 1 which is the C drive and it's partitions. That is where I am stuck. I can't access the the 0 Disk to do anything accept properties which reports the disk is working properly and to make a new simple volume.