"No Signal" For Some Odd Reason

Hi,

For some odd reason today, my monitor has decided to display "No Signal" when the computer is running and I can't think what is causing it to do it, because it was working perfectly fine last night.

A bit of info:

I upgraded my graphics on Saturday. The computer had been running a single 320MB XFX 8800GTS graphics card for the last 14 months but stopped working properly a few weeks ago and would only display Windows in what seemed to be 800x600 (basically BIG icons etc), so I put my old 512MB XFX 7600GT graphics card into the computer. I then brought two 640MB XFX 8800GTS Graphics card and installed them on Saturday. At the same time I put AcoustiPack into the case and changed the fans for quieter ones.

By the time I had finished it was 11pm at night and I booted the computer up and it worked, it installed the drivers for the graphics cards and I then restarted it, the monitor would go into standby at a certain point during the starting up process, so I left it until the morning. In the morning I then found out when the monitor was going into standby, the video signal was being switched the the other VGA port which my TV is connected to. I then switched the VGA cables over and it hasn't done the switching over since.

The graphics cards are both from XFX Store and have the SLi bridge connected, but SLi is not enabled in Windows at the moment. The power supply I am using is the 800W Tagan BZ.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Tom. :)

x5frt

Are you sure its plug in with? its your screen resolution compatible with the screen? try connecting it to other computer or device and see if it works. if not then its screen. if it does then its your computer.

The monitor is a 19" Widescreen, and is meant to run at 1440x900 but it can't be selected in Windows or nVidia Control Panel.

The problem seemed to go away on the 10th, but it didn't work on the 11th or today (12th).

It is so annoying.

Tom.

linkin

VIP Member
go into your BIOS, make sure your primary display adapter is set to PCI-E, and not PCI on Integrated, this causes black screens when you boot etc, maybe you should uninstall the nvidia drivers, let windows install some, and then install the nvidia ones.