No signal to monitor, CPU or Motherboard failure?

alexjb

Hi all,

really need some help please,

Basically I've rebuilt a new computer using most parts from my older computer but now have a brand new motherboard, Intel i5 6600 and upgraded to DDR4 Ram. My new computer is working very well but I now have a broken MSI Z77A-G43 motherboard and Intel i5 3570k sitting around, I want to sell one of them but do not know which one is broken?

me and my freind carried out all tests, and it's confirmed now that its either one of those two that's broken, or possibly both of them

I sold the processor online as working, and apparently it's not working and they are getting the no input signal on both their boards, so if its a genuine return then it's the CPU that's bust, but I've heard that this is very rare,
I've sorted out the refund and my items are coming back this week, so I'm hoping to be able to sell one of them on as working, do you think the motherboard is working? or could it actually be a broken cpu?

Thanks all so much :) I carried out all sorts of tests and tried two graphics cards, my brothers ram, the power supply was perfectly healthy and the hard drives as they are in my new pc and all the same cables pretty much :)

So it must be either the motherboard or CPU thats broken or both :(

Please can someone with more knowledge help me out :) thanks so much :)

alexjb

Thanks everyone for your help :) Ill have to take it to a shop and give that a go :) also thanks I'll checkout those links now! :)