No sound / audio

Riper

audioerror.jpg

Hey guys,
Currently there's no sound coming out whenever I watch videos after i reformatted my com...
just wanna check with ya how do I look for the driver for my audio... I can't find the name... thanks for yr help...

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Drivers issues. When you reformat, you wiped everything off the HDD - including the drivers files that tell the parts what they are and how to work. Retail XP disks only have generic drivers that give basic functionality (CD-Rom driver, Display, USB, etc.). Everything else would be specific to the system. It seems you're missing a few more, too.

What kind of computer is it? If big-brand, did you receive a recovery CD? --if so, it should have all the necessary files you need. If self-built, all the drivers will be on the CD that came with your Motherboard. Windows Update might take care of it, or just click on Update Driver.

Riper

Drivers issues. When you reformat, you wiped everything off the HDD - including the drivers files that tell the parts what they are and how to work. Retail XP disks only have generic drivers that give basic functionality (CD-Rom driver, Display, USB, etc.). Everything else would be specific to the system. It seems you're missing a few more, too.

What kind of computer is it? If big-brand, did you receive a recovery CD? --if so, it should have all the necessary files you need. If self-built, all the drivers will be on the CD that came with your Motherboard. Windows Update might take care of it, or just click on Update Driver.

Hmm, I don't have CD for motherboard... It's a DIY pc..
The audio plug is connected to the motherboard... So the term you all use is "in-built" right i suppose? Window Update is the automatic update right... I tried that before, and it does not provide audio

cohen

if it is a DIY pc then you should get drivers if not... search the name of motherboard + drivers in google and you should be able to find some links there to download them from