no sound from my speakers

dellxps420

banned
im sure its a driver problem as before i reinstalled a clean vista copy on my computer the speakers where working but for some reason there not know.

i have a dell xps 420 pc and the speaker are regular crappy once from ASDA lol i dont really care about the quality i just want them to work anyone got any ideas cheers.

dellxps420

banned
Just a quickie, does this have anything to do with your PC restarting thread? Same PC?

yeh same pc mate, have i done something wrong posting two threads if yes im sorry but yeh i have no sound and the pc restarts itself could them to problems be related ?

cheers Assad.

Nanobyte

It's a good idea to keep two separate threads as you did but you should mention the other one in each thread so people are aware.

1. Do you get sound if you plug headphones into the green sound card socket? Turn down volume before plugging in and then increase.

2. Can't remember Vista settings but if you go to Control Panel, Sounds..., check all settings in the Audio tab.

dellxps420

banned
It's a good idea to keep two separate threads as you did but you should mention the other one in each thread so people are aware.

1. Do you get sound if you plug headphones into the green sound card socket? Turn down volume before plugging in and then increase.

2. Can't remember Vista settings but if you go to Control Panel, Sounds..., check all settings in the Audio tab.

yes thanks ill keep that in mind

when i plug in my earphones from the front part off my pc i get sound yes very good and loud but when i plug my speakers in i dont get sound :( yeh its showing as everything working

Nanobyte

Are you plugging the speakers in the same place as the headphones? The idea of using headphones as a test is to tell if there is sound from that port. If you have the speakers plugged in at the back, plug the headphones in at the back. If you plug the headphones in at the front, plug the speakers in the some hole! It can make a difference whether it's front or back. You should try both, front and back.

You can double check by plugging your speakers into an mp3 player or similar. If you don't get sound it's the speakers.

dellxps420

banned
Are you plugging the speakers in the same place as the headphones? The idea of using headphones as a test is to tell if there is sound from that port. If you have the speakers plugged in at the back, plug the headphones in at the back. If you plug the headphones in at the front, plug the speakers in the some hole! It can make a difference whether it's front or back. You should try both, front and back.

You can double check by plugging your speakers into an mp3 player or similar. If you don't get sound it's the speakers.

cheer mate ill try that later on today ive only tried the speakers at the back on the earphones at the fron as there easier to get into my ears lol

ill try the speakers in my ipod see if there work but i dot think i need some decent speakers because i use gaming sometimes so...