No sound on new comp

paxy01

Have just built a new comp and have noticed that there is no primary sound device. AC97 internal sound device is enabled in the BIOS but theres no sound.

And after I installed my soundcard, an old 24/96 asio card by Aardvark, my comp wont recognise the driver on the cd.

???

MB -- Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394
CPU -- AMD Athlon XP 3200+
VGA -- Nvidia GeForce FX5500
SC -- Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96

Punk

Staff member
You need to download the drivers for your sound card. Try downloading them on their website instead of on the CD.

Are you sure the manufacturer is Aardvark? I can't find any website for this company...

paxy01

You need to download the drivers for your sound card. Try downloading them on their website instead of on the CD.

Are you sure the manufacturer is Aardvark? I can't find any website for this company...

Aardvark went out of business years ago.

I don't see why the drivers wouldn't work when im using Windows XP, the same OS I was using on my previous comp when it was working.

And what about the internal sound? Why cant I find Realtek AC97 in the devices list?

paxy01

Problem appears to be solved for the time being.

The sound card works although the primary sound device, the AC97, still doesn't work. Its the Aardvark sound card that need most so the AC97 not working isn't a big issue.