No sound on YouTube videos?

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by Dickey, Mar 24, 2020.

  1. Dickey

    Dickey New Member

    Messages:
    6
    About 10% of the YouTube videos I watch have no sound, mostly when I click on a link that takes me to a video. Happens on some music videos & most Major league baseball vids. HELP!!
     
  2. johnb35

    johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

    Messages:
    42,125
    What browser are you using? Browsers have separate volume control.
     
  3. Dickey

    Dickey New Member

    Messages:
    6
    I use Firefox, but it can't be that...only about 10% of the videos have no sound; the other 90% are OK.
     
  4. johnb35

    johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

    Messages:
    42,125
    Link a video with no sound as I use firefox as well and I'll check it out.
     
  5. Dickey

    Dickey New Member

    Messages:
    6
    Thank you, John. Here is the link.

     
  6. johnb35

    johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

    Messages:
    42,125
    There is no sound in that video until the 20 second mark. Played fine in my firefox and chrome. Do you have any weird video codec software installed?
     
  7. Dickey

    Dickey New Member

    Messages:
    6
    Not sure what that is, but the entire video has no sound.
     
  8. johnb35

    johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

    Messages:
    42,125
    Maybe you have some browser addons conflicting with it. Have you tried using a different browser? Have you checked the volume bar inside youtube window? Sometimes I have seen where it has been muted.
     
  9. Dickey

    Dickey New Member

    Messages:
    6
    Yes; volume bar is always on. But, I will try with IE & let you know what happens. Thank you, John.
     

Share This Page