No Sound

so i upgraded to windows vista recently and after it was finished everything worked great exept that i had no sound i think i may have deleted something when i cleaned up the "windows old" folder
down in the botom right of my monitor where it usually has the controls for volime it just shows a little speaker with a X over it and says NO audio imput device installed.

brian

VIP Member
Welcome to computer forum

sounds like you need a driver. did you make the computer your self or is it made by a brand.

its a HP i had xp on it b4 and it worked fine

i dont no where to look for a driver as my speakers are in my monitor that came with the comp and i have a intigrated sound card

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
ok go here.
start, right click my computer, manage, device maniger, and see if you have any exclamation marks

nope no exclaimation marks
i when to sound,video and gamecontrollers then clicked high def audio device and it said this device is working properly and all drivers where up to date

Vista

Then you have to download the drivers on internet. But before doing this you have to know the exact reference of your sound card. Usually, HP have integrated sound cards on the motherboard. Again, usually, it is from Realtek on towers and from AC conexant on laptops.