No sound

Kronic

Hi

Maybe someone can help me?

I just installed windows xp home edition, and now my sound is gone.

I have Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

I searched for drivers in the internet, but it doesnt work. I download the driver and try to install.

I also tried from My computer->right click->Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->sound, video and game and then update driver for sound card. But it says (roughly translated from danish)
"The hardware cant be installed.
A problem occured during the installation of this hardware:
Creative SB Live! Series(WCM)
An error ocurred during the installation of this unit
Data not valid"

First it couldnt even find a sound card on my comp, and we changed the sound card to another slot inside and after restart it found it. But the problem remains the same. I cant get it to work.

Someone know what to do?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Try uninstalling the drivers that you downloaded and check also to make sure they where the right ones. perhaps even place the card into another pci slot and reinstal the drivers (making certain that they are the right ones). I have an older Soundblaster live! 5.1 soundcard and the downloaded drivers work great for me.

Edit:

Dont know how I missed it but I see you did change the slot ;-). Try uninstalling as i've suggested and reinstalling as it should work. My card will not work either before I instal the drivers downloaded off the internet.