No video signal to monitor

railway0

Can anyone tell me a way of installing a new video card on my pc, I was trying to install windows xp when my video card gave up. I am not getting anything on my screen, the light is flashing green. I am unable to get into the bios to disable the bad video card. The video card is on the motherboard.
I have a netvista 733mhz , and the windows xp disc was an original copy.
I know that the problem is the video card as I have tried another monitor that I know works also tried another psu,hard drive and other memory.
Thank you

The_Other_One

VIP Member
So you were loading windows and the screen went out? Have you tried another video card?

Normally, when the onboard video acts up, it's more than just the onboard video... Like, a bad motherboard. Can you tell if the machine's doing anything(starting to load windows or the Windows setup?)

railway0

I have tried another video card but it never made any difference, I've been told that I need to go into the bios and disable the duff video card, but without the screen working this is not possible. Also my hard drive has nothing on it as I never got windows installed. I think a new motherboard is needed.

wixostrix

I think it may be possible your RAM when bad and needs to be replaced.

I actually had this problem on my sisters computer. She had a built in memory card, but I gave her a AGP a while back ago. Anyway, I changed the Frequecy and then when I tried to start it I got no picture. I did everything I knew to reset the bios and it turned out that the RAM went bad.

railway0

No that made no difference,also I tried it without any memory card I was expecting it to beep with no memory in, but nothing.

railway0

I have now tried a new motherboard and still have the same problem. I am going to try another cpu tomorrow, there is nothing that has not been changed so it can only be that.If that fails then I think It is time to scrap it.
Thanks for the help.:) :)