no wireless internet connection

eskimo

I can't access the internet wirelessly. Everything was fine until I tried to get on last night. It's surely a computer issue as I am on the network now with my laptop. I checked the network adapters and it looks okay. I uninstalled the adapter and then rebooted the computer. Same thing is happening. It actually connects to the network but with no internet access. There is a yellow triangle on the connection symbol in the lower right corner.

Computer is Windows 10/64bit. Adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Any ideas?

Grantapus

I can't access the internet wirelessly. Everything was fine until I tried to get on last night. It's surely a computer issue as I am on the network now with my laptop. I checked the network adapters and it looks okay. I uninstalled the adapter and then rebooted the computer. Same thing is happening. It actually connects to the network but with no internet access. There is a yellow triangle on the connection symbol in the lower right corner.

Computer is Windows 10/64bit. Adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Any ideas?
Reboot your router / modem. if that does not work, uninstall and reinstall / update wireless drivers.

eskimo

Aha! Thanks. Also listed is an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165. Should I try uninstalling that and rebooting the computer?

eskimo

Thanks to everyone. I have to run into town (I'm out in the boonies) and will do those things tonight. Thanks again.

eskimo

I uninstalled the Intel adapter, rebooted the computer and it's still doing it. Time to explore other avenues. Thanks everyone.

eskimo

I thought I would give it one more try and I again uninstalled the adapter, rebooted and now it's working fine. Thanks again everyone.