• sql

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • powershell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

vetto89

personally my first language was visual basic, but now studying c, java, asp, asm, etc i think it's good to begin with c and java (for OO language)

OvenMaster

VIP Member
All I had available to me at the time (1982) was regular BASIC and Fortran! At least BASIC's still useful for me when I use MS's QuickBASIC in DOS and on my TI-81 calculator!
Tom

OvenMaster

VIP Member
nice you programmer from start of computer bussines?

Pretty much. The first computer I learned to program was an IBM mainframe. We had 4k of RAM to work with, and used punchcards as input. Then I bought a TI-99/4A to practice on, and I actually sold some software I wrote in TI-BASIC.
Tom

GameMaster

Pretty much. The first computer I learned to program was an IBM mainframe. We had 4k of RAM to work with, and used punchcards as input. Then I bought a TI-99/4A to practice on, and I actually sold some software I wrote in TI-BASIC.
Tom

Could you translate that to English please ? that would be great :D

Raise109

The first language i learned was pascal in 2000, great for making uber low resource, super eficient programs. I am attempting to learn assembler, days are long and slow, but i can make a few things go beeb and have almost made the worlds simplest calculator that can only add and has numbers 1-3 due to a restriction that i dont understand :(, hey im learning alright. :)

robina_80

at college we learnt
c++
java scripting
Visual basic
php
HTML

i still know html, i mean how can you forget it its so easy, but all the others i didnt have a clue how to do i just copied of others or got help but tbh i didnt have a freaking clue how to do any of them it was way over my head, does this go for some of you or all of you love programming

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I've taking C programming as well as Visual Basic. IMO Visual Basic has more to offer when it comes to creating scripts for say, servers or workstations.