NO

bomberboysk

I have a G15, and i use the screen to monitor temperatures, clockspeeds, free memory, cpu usage, etc. Overall though, not counting the screen the eclipse III is somewhat of a better keyboard.

g4m3rof1337

I love the first gen G15 so much, I bought a second one when my first one broke. I use the screen for displaying game info, music that's playing when I'm gaming, FRAPS shows a chart of FPS and stuff, and Ventrilo shows who's talking and displays other information.

bomberboysk

I will note, i have the revision 1 G15 with the blue led's, my main complaint with it is how dim the backlight is, and how the wristwrest wears down somewhat quickly.

gamerman4

I have a Saitek Cyborg, which is almost the exact same as the Eclipse 3 except the Cyborg has a couple extra features.
I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. Both Logitech and Saitek are very well known companies that make high-quality products.
Both have backlights and extra keys for shortcuts. I say the only thing it comes down to is if you want that little LCD screen or not. The G15 has a screen and the Eclipse doesn't. Other than that, they are both very nice keyboards.
If you want a more low-profile illuminated keyboard, I'd say go for this one. My local Best Buy had one of these out for show and it was nice.
ly-mainheader.jpg

One last thing about the Saitek, if they use the same profiling software for the Eclipse 3 as they do for the Cyborg, the software is a bit young and it takes some getting used to. Logitech tends to make more user-friendly shortcut software so you might want to take that ito account if you plan on heavily using the macro keys. One thing I can say about the macro software on the saitek keyboard is that you can pretty much make the keys do just about anything as long as you can figure out how.

Last edited: