NO

Concordedly

I like Drupal but haven't used any other besides Joomla. Was a big PHP-Nuke fan back in the day but it's kind of obsolete now. Drupal has great reviews, good knowledge bases, and it's not that hard to set up. Joomla is more user-friendly IMO.

zblowfish

I design gsp sites, if you are looking to revamp your design also. :)
www.zblowfish.deviantart.com, e-mail me at zblowfish (at) gmail .com if interested. Seperated it because bots like to spam me.

But to answer your question,
Most people like to use altered versions of drupal etc. or use a php coder to create a custom cms which can cost quite a bit money

epidemik

I was a similar situation a while ago (and ended up just going with PHPBB and slightly modding it) but I found this website which allows you to try out various CMS's without having to install them.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

I know its not a direct answer but hope it helps ;)

someone150

e107 will probably be enough for your needs.

It has great community, a lot of resources and also include forum (you need to install separate forum for Joomla).

tlarkin

VIP Member
drupal is a framework, it is whatever you want it to be. You can design whatever site you want over the drupal framework. Wordpress is more for blogs while drupal can be used for so many different things.

I use drupal.

drupal is a framework, it is whatever you want it to be. You can design whatever site you want over the drupal framework. Wordpress is more for blogs while drupal can be used for so many different things.

I use drupal.

wordpress is more structured as a fresh install, but the CMS can be broken down and applied in any way the user wants. wordpress can do anything that drupal can, and has far more support from a much, much larger userbase.

tlarkin

VIP Member
wordpress is more structured as a fresh install, but the CMS can be broken down and applied in any way the user wants. wordpress can do anything that drupal can, and has far more support from a much, much larger userbase.

I kind of beg to differ. Wordpress is geared towards blogs. Drupal sets up a complete framework under the hood with PHP, PHP-CLI, MySQL, meta data tracking, and all you have to do is add your own CSS or use one of their themes. Their updates are way better implemented and now with drush, it makes drupal even more powerful.

When I used wordpress I found their updates lacking, and while their updates may have been easier (like one click updates) they lack the monitoring system drupal has built in to tell you when your products are out of date.

I have never seen anything like drush for a CMS, it is freaking (Ha I almost typed a cuss word there) awesome!

If you don't like Drupal that is your personal choice and I have my personal choice too, but I have never seen a bash pass through to PHP cli to update, maintain, and customize your website.

It makes it so if I were so inclined I could package my drupal site into a one run script install, then just give the client the script and they run it in the web root folder and it is done. That is pretty hot, but then again I am not a web developer, I am a Network Administrator so those sort of things really appeal to me over what might appeal to a web developer.