noob: Building a $500 PC

Lanthrax

New Member
Hmmm, ok, I'm very new at this, I'm getting some help putting it all together from a friend, he just said I need to get the parts. I want it around the $500 mark, give or take $100, and fairly upgradable, for the next time I run into any cash. Any help is much appreciated, will these parts go together? I want to run windows xp on it.

Abit AX78 Motherboard
AM2+, AMD 770, HT 5200, 4x DDR2-1066, 2x PCI-Ex16 v2.0, 4x SATA-II, RAID, GigLAN, 8Chl, ATX
$101.30
Elitegroup GeForce 8400GS - 512MB DDR2, 64-bit, VGA, DVI, TV-Out, HDCP - PCI-Ex16 v2.0
$46.10
ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD Burner - SATA
20xDVD±R, 8xDVD±R DL, 8xDVD+RW, 6xDVD-RW, Lightscribe - Dual Panels
$49.50
Hitachi 320GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II-300 HDD w. 16MB Cache (0A35411) DeskStar P7K500
$71.40
AMD Athlon64 X2 5000+ Dual Core (2.6GHz) - AM2, HT 2000, 2x512kB L2 Cache, G1 Stepping, 65nm, 65W - Boxed
$87.50
3x
Kingston 1024MB PC2-6400 800Mhz DDR2 RAM - CL5
$102.30
 
Back
Top