Noob Gamer

rhinoman08

In all im a noob gamer i guess you could say. You could say that because when i first purchased my first dell like 3 years ago it was good then but it is crap now. It has a p4 @ 1.8 GHz, 256 ddr ram, 60 gig, and integrated graphics. Now im gonna be getting a new pc within the next month. I really dont want to build my own but i have heard of ibuypower pc's which look sweet and are really cheap. But i was thinking of getting a Dell Dimension 4700 suped up alot. Now that im older and wiser i know more bout pcs and stuff so. I just want to know is dell the way to go?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I personaly dont like to go the dell route but they do have some great systems it's still always cheaper to build your own. If you know little about pc's and really want to know you have the support when somthing goes wrong then perhaps dell is fine. I still like to recommend that people at least consider checking out a few good small shops and see what they might be able to throw together and you'll find usualy they are more then happy to better the price of the dell for you but the support Is not the same. With that said Dell is great but you could run into complications in the long term when it comes to upgrading and they are not the cheapest way to go but certainly not the most expensive either. Sorry I gave no straight answer ;-) but I'm a build it myself kind of guy and my pc never sees the inside of a shop.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I agree with blue that you should at least consider building it your self because that way you know exactly what you getting and usually can save some money but if you going to go with one of those to then..

I just looked at Ibuypower website today and I like the fact that unlike dell it gives you options on what motherboard you want, what case, and what psu. Also with Ibuypower you have the choice to go with amd or intel. Dell only have intel. On the other hand Dell proberly have better support. If I was going to choose from those 2 for a gamming computer I would proberly go with Ibuypower because you can get a athlon 64 3500+ system for under $900.