Noob Help On Selecting a 5.1 Speaker

sweetmisery

Hello guys, Im new here, Im from the Philippines so not all models are available right away...

Anyway Im not looking for the best of the best sound anyway, I just want to ask you guys for help, since its my first time getting a 5.1 speakers. Just wanna know if the difference between these 2, if its really big... cuz the difference in price is like $40...

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=14090

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=15999

Should I just get an Inspire T6060(after I save a bit more) or get 5.1 Inspire M5300 right away? And oh, Im just using an onboard soundcard, Realtek HD Audio.

BIG THANKS!

Last edited:

K3rupt

RealTek Onboard audio is decent, You would benefit from A sound card. But it can wait. You dont really need one.

Depends on what you plan to be doing,

If you plan to be Listening to music and movies mainly, go with the 5.1 Channel System

BUT

If you plan to be gaming more than movies and music more than anything i suggest you go with the 2.1 Channel System

Both the Sets will be perfect for movies/games/music But depending on your situation..

EG.

Movies: You want the sound to come from all directions
Games: You want the sound to be pin pointed so know where enemy is (css)
Music: You want the sound to be Quality, Clean sounds (Both will provide this)

I personally have a 6.2 Stereo System in my room atm, And its excellent for gaming Where as i also have a 2.1 System in other room and its just as good.

I would go for the 5.1 Channel System.

But thats just me.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Any one of those will do it, personally i prefer 5.1 since i play a lot of games and it sounds so good to have a 5.1 system surround speaker, but i've had a 2.1 as well and they're good as well

sweetmisery

So with those 2 that I posted(both 5.1 models), are the difference really big? I mean the $40 difference is justified?

Please check, I really dont know much about these "tweeters" and whatnot.

THANKS!

edit: oh and guys, will my Realtek HD Audio even support 5.1 speakers? I mean there are 6 jacks at the back, blue, red, black, green, grey and pink.

Last edited:

K3rupt

Dude! You posted a

5.1 Channel Set

And a

2.1 Channel Set

YOU DIDNT POST 2 x 5.1 Channel sets.

CHECK YOUR OWN POST!

K3rupt

I would Personally Go for This Set

I think they would be the better set of speakers.

In no regards to my choice, the other ones look GAY.

K3rupt

Tweeters have NO Bass, There just Clear, Audible Sounds.

I have 2 in my car.

They are excellent.

I Personally would go for the more expensive...

But if you don't want to spend the extra money.

Get the Other ones.

K3rupt

They don't look THAT gay...

I would probally get them if i was in America but i live in Australia...

So yea.

It really sucks not being able to get things off new egg, they have some real nice prices..

They don't look THAT gay...

I would probally get them if i was in America but i live in Australia...

So yea.

It really sucks not being able to get things off new egg, they have some real nice prices..

If you want something that looks nice, but it is made by Logisys, a third party company. I don't know any Australian companies for acquiring computer and electronic components, sorry.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836157006