Noob ISO graphics card

j19w78d

I am trying to build a pc...well buy the hardware and maybe have someone else build it. I need a graphics card but not sure what to look for or where to start looking. It has to be better than an NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030. I only know what the prebuilt comp has from device manager. Thanks a ton.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will have a problem finding any new video cards due to price increase and everyone buying them up. I mean when a GT710 is running about $80 which is $40 more then what it should be, you know there is something wrong. So pretty much everything has doubled in price.

j19w78d

You will have a problem finding any new video cards due to price increase and everyone buying them up. I mean when a GT710 is running about $80 which is $40 more then what it should be, you know there is something wrong. So pretty much everything has doubled in price.
i understand a jump in price. i am looking for something around $200 give or take.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What do you do with your system? Play games or what? If so, what games do you play? That determines what card you need.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
For the time being I'd just look for a used GTX 1060. There's plenty on eBay. Newer or higher end cards are scarce right now.

beers

Staff member
$200 won't get you anywhere crazy at the moment, the market is way overinflated even for older cards, even the 1050Ti is floating up over $200 and its launch MSRP was like $150 in 2016.