noob needs help

xturnal

help plz :)

just got a new lap top and am lookin for the best possible software to prevent virus's botnets and all that stuff... plz help :)
oh and also i would love to learn a lot more about computers... im not a complete noob i no how to fix a lot of issues and have built myself a computer in the past, but compared to most the ppl on this site... ya im a complete noob... ne1 suggest ways for me to lear more? about hardware, software, programming, the whole kit and coboodle... books to read or sites to go to that will teach me? thx

Last edited:

sshaggy

As far to prevent viruses, u should try Avira. Both the free and paid versions are good.
But remember this is a personal recommendation. Every one have his own views on the best antivirus.

For becoming a expert all u need is devotion and patience. Try googling about any query.
Or better, explore this forum to see what problems the people had, and what did they did to solve that problems. This will help to becoming quite a knowledgable person regarding software and hardware problems.

wardhanster

I will go with shaggy but adding a litile to it.. the suggested above is more than enough...
but still you want to have more .... install AVG free too, select your primary antiviruse and then secondary (mine is avg) , then select the services u want to use on the secondary antiviruse (disable the features common).

both avira and avg both are light and have unique features like Avg have the boot time scanner..