Right at boot up press F1, F2 or the Delete key. Those are keys that will commonly get you into your Basic Input Output System (BIOS).
Right at boot up press F1, F2 or the Delete key. Those are keys that will commonly get you into your Basic Input Output System (BIOS).
And F10 for some Compaq systems.
I have wanted, for a while, to build another computer and so I was wondering if I can't resolve this issue with this computer...Can I take the hdd and put in in a new build and scavenge my data (i.e., music, photos, etc.)? I am talking about setting it as slave to the new hdd on the new machine. Can I still access the data if the old hdd is slapped into a new build as secondary??
Any clues as to making a boot disc??
Thanks!!
If it's IDE then you just set it as a slave. If it's SATA you should be able to just pop it in and read it. It won't boot, but you can read it in another install.
As for boot disk, what kind do you mean?
And if your interested in getting your info and just wiping the drive, get a live CD of linux (like SLAX) and boot to that and save all your data onto an external HDD.
Thanks, I had heard that you could create a start disc like the old MSDOS ones. Don't know if you can or not
I appreciate all the help.You guys rock!