noob wondering if my shopping list looks ok

sorry, tried to make it public. I'll try again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Set it to public viewing and doesn't work. Oh, well.


HP 24X Multiformat DVD Writer Black SATA Model 1260i - Retail
Model #:HP 1260i
Item #:N82E16827140042 $28.99
___
Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Side Panel Window and Four Fans

Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Side Panel Window and Four Fans - Retail
Model #:Cruiser
Item #:N82E16811147145 $79.99
___
Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Model #:WD10EVDS $89.99
____
Acer H235Hbmid Black 23

Acer H235Hbmid Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
Model #:ET.VH5HP.001
Item #:N82E16824009201 $219.99 -$20.00 Instant $199.99

____
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #:GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Item #:N82E16813128397 $89.99
_____
SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
Model #:100296HDMI
Item #:N82E16814102855 $74.99
____
Rosewill Libertas Series LIB-650 650W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Full Modular, ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.92,SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active PFC, Compatible with Core i7, i5 Power Supply

Rosewill Libertas Series LIB-650 650W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Full Modular, ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.92,SLI Ready, ... - Retail
Model #:LIB650
Item #:N82E16817182101 $99.99 -$10.00 Instant $89.99
____
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-AG

A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-AG - Retail
Model #:AX3U1600GB2G9-AG
Item #:N82E16820211409 $98.99
____
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX - Retail
Model #:HDZ965FBGMBOX
Item #:N82E16819103727 $179.99
____
Subtotal: $932.91
 
im looking at the same proccesor and with a similar budget as you, btw, why did you go with the micro atx motherboard if you are going with a normal size tower?
 
DO NOT get a rosewill powersupply, they are utter junk. only get an OCZ, Corsair, Thermaltake, Seasonic. those are just some examples. more often than not, higher price = better quality.
 
I have had many Rosewill power supplies in the past, all of them have been great. Never a problem.
 
I think my eyes are going to go buggy. I've been going through specs and reviews for probably 20 hours in the last 3 days!!!
 
^ I wouldn't. The 5770 can max most current games, or very close to it. The support for DX11 is well worth the slight drop in power.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I mulled over graphics for like 3 hours last night and was kind of leaning toward the 5770. Looks like I made a good call. So, this is what I have so far. Do I need to look at a different tower? I basically want one with at least 3 usb on the front and an e-sata.


Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Side Panel Window and Four Fans - Retail
Model #:Cruiser $79.99
__
MSI 770-C45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #:770-C45
Item #:N82E16813130228 $79.99
__
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
Model #:100283-3L $169.99 -$5.00 Instant $164.99
__
OCZ Z-Series OCZZ650 650W ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Active PFC Power ... - Retail
Model #:OCZZ650 $109.99
__
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX - Retail
Model #:HDZ965FBGMBOX $179.99
__
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-AG - Retail
Model #:AX3U1600GB2G9-AG $98.99
__
Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Model #:WD10EVDS $89.99
__
Acer H235Hbmid Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
Model #:ET.VH5HP.001 $219.99 -$20.00 Instant $199.99
__
HP 24X Multiformat DVD Writer Black SATA Model 1260i - Retail
Model #:HP 1260i $28.99
Subtotal: $1,032.91
 
Antec's aren't that bad, just depends if you buy their 'higher quality' ones or not...

what ones are high quality ._. all are like $150 + in australia and they must be good then :o i got the antec 750 earth watt psu, so far fine :) good buy as well the wires were covered as well so no messy plastic everywhere xD

Ok, I mulled over graphics for like 3 hours last night and was kind of leaning toward the 5770. Looks like I made a good call. So, this is what I have so far. Do I need to look at a different tower? I basically want one with at least 3 usb on the front and an e-sata.

nice update. mmm btw what is that monitors contrast? cause i heard contrast has a fare bet to with experiencing better game view. Well its what i'v been told
 
Last edited:
^The 520C one is about as cheap as you can go without them starting to get bad. It's got a single 12V rail with good amperage...something that's hard to find on cheaper psu's.
 
Last edited:
nice update. mmm btw what is that monitors contrast? cause i heard contrast has a fare bet to with experiencing better game view. Well its what i'v been told

It shows [contrast ratio: ACM 100000:1]. I picked this one thinking the higher the better right? Hopefully I'm not getting my wires crossed again. :eek:
 
Back
Top