Norton and router problem

holiday mode

Hi all,

Just got a question in regards to Norton and router conflict. From time to time, my internet connection will suddenly stop working. At first, I thought it was Norton closing the connection, but after disabling Norton, I still cannot get back on the internet, furthermore I will have not access to the router settings to see what is going on. I will have to completely power down the router and leave it for a couple of minutes before reconnecting to get the internet back working. Even this only work 70% of the time. I also tried to unplug / replug the network cable, and even tried plugging it into different ports, but this doesn't resolve anything, power down is pretty much the only solution I've got at the moment.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

charly

hi
Guess you're not running wlan !?? Cuz i had same troubles with WLAN. however, you should check for new firmware to upgrade your router. Wenn you get disconnect, try to ping your router. it should always respond. If not, check the security seeting from your router, or your "norton"

bye

g0slacR

but after disabling Norton, I still cannot get back on the internet
funny thing with alot of firewalls..you "disable" them and the damn service keeps running and blocking stuff, it annoys the hell out of me!!! do not rule out norton here. you actually would have to disable the service or uninstall it altogether to totally rule that bastard out :)